• Chethan Machaknur

Qatar Investment Authority May Invest $1.5 Bn In Jio Fiber Assets


Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) is reportedly in talks with sovereign wealth fund Qatar Investment Authority, with the latter looking to invest $1.5 Bn in RIL’s infrastructure investment trust (InvIT), which holds the company’s fibre-optic assets.


According to the current plan, Reliance’s telecom subsidiary Reliance Jio Infocomm will retain a 15% stake in the InvIT, while the remaining 85% will be sold to global investors such as Qatar Investment Authority.Jio Digital Fibre has a 700,000 kms network of fibre-optic cables in India. Plans are afoot to expand it to 1.1 Mn kms. 

3 views
  • Amazon Social Icon
  • Facebook Social Icon
  • LinkedIn Social Icon
  • Twitter Social Icon
  • Instagram

© 2020 by StartupNews. Proudly created in India