World AI Show: Making AI-led economy a reality in Qatar
Updated: Oct 29
The Qatar edition of World AI Show (#WorldAIShow) will aim to support the National AI Strategy for Qatar by discussing and deliberating some of the most pressing challenges in AI. Global AI stakeholders to virtually join the conversation on the latest trends, strategies, and opportunities critical to fostering a robust domestic AI ecosystem in Qatar.
AI’s contribution to the Middle East economy is expected to have a significant impact by 2030. As one of the key players in the region and host of the 22nd edition of the world’s biggest football tournament FIFA, Qatar has already embarked on its bold journey to strengthen its AI capabilities. For what can serve as a powerful technological enabler for Qatar’s landmark AI strategy to diversify its goals and boost economic competitiveness, Trescon’s World AI Show is all set to virtually connect over 250 online participants from across the globe including major stakeholders of Qatar’s AI ecosystem on 10th November 2020. Supported by the Qatar Financial Centre (QFC) and Youth Action Hub Oman (YAHO) - the first UNCTAD Youth Action Hub in the GCC, the cohesive agenda of World AI Show - Qatar is aligned with Goal 9 of the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDG).
According to Mithun Shetty, CEO of Trescon, the show will essentially assess sectors of critical Infrastructure where AI/digital transformation has caused a disruption. He said “World AI Show will feature regional and international use-case scenarios, keynotes, panel discussions, tech talks and more from leading technology stakeholders converging from key sectors like Government think-tanks, Healthcare, Retail, Manufacturing, Banking and Finance, Oil & Gas, Utilities and Transportation; to name a few. Participants can also engage with solution providers in private one-to-one consultation rooms and networking rooms.” He further added, “By bringing this global event to Qatar, we aim to help the nation transform its digital economy to make it a key catalyst for the growth and development of new economic sectors, and increase Qatar's international competitiveness through digital innovation.”
Experts confirmed to speak at the show include:
• Dr Ahmed Al-Sulaiti, CEO of Qatar National Broadband Network
• Heba Al Masri, Managing Director for Qatar SportsTech
• Raimund Hanauer, Director of Transport Planning at Qatar Rail
• Sheikha Alanoud Bint Hamad Al -Thani - Managing Director of Business Development - Qatar Financial Centre (QFC)
• Laila Abdullah Al Hadhrami, Digital Transformation & Change Management Expert at the Ministry of Technology & Communications MTC, Oman and Director of Oman Smart City Platform
• Virginie Martins, Ethical AI & SDG expert and Member of Europen Union Alliance, Belgium
• Alena Dique, Founder & Coordinator of UNCTAD Youth Action Hub Oman
• Ott Velsberg, Government Chief Data Officer at the Ministry of Economic Affairs and Communications, Estonia
• Matthias Schindler, Head of Artificial Intelligence Innovation at BMW, Germany
• Dr. Tejinder Singh, CEO / Managing Partner for 360 Nautica, Trescon, Qatar
The show will be hosted on Vmeets, an advanced virtual events platform. Vmeets is specialised in providing a modern digital experience platform for immersive and interactive virtual events that create real engagements, deliver data and drive revenue.
World AI Show Qatar is officially supported by Qatar Financial Centre Authority and sponsored by AI and Analytics partner – SAS; AI Video Surveillance Partner - Axis Communications AB; Gold Sponsor – Nutanix; Silver Sponsors – Beinex, alteryx and Eastvantage Bronze Sponsors- ADGS and Tiger Analytics